Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Filling and easy refridgerator oatmeal a perfect breakfast to take to work or on the go.

Ok so I kept hearing my bestie who is always health conscious talk about eating refrigerator oatmeal. I finally in the new year to save money and lower my processed food intake I decided to give it a try. I made 2 servings Sunday night and 2 servings again last night. Took maybe 5 minutes to prepare, and only a second to grab it for my lunchbox. So here is how I did it. (Thanks Brandy for the tip on only making 2 days worth ahead of time)


Sundays prep for peanut butter and jelly refrigerator oatmeal.


  • 2- 8 oz. plastic mason jars (they have them cheap at walmart)
  • 2/3 cup milk of your choice - I used unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup Chobani simply 100 blueberry greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup Traditional oats
  • 2 handfuls blueberries
  • 2 tbsp. peanut butter
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • You can add sweetener if you need it, I was good with just the sweetness from the peanut butter and blueberries.
In your jars start with 1/4 cup each of traditional oats. Add in 1/3 cup milk to each. Add 1 tbsp. peanut butter to each, then top with 1/4 cup yogurt and 1 tsp. each of the chia seeds (optional)


Shake, shake, shake........a must!!!


Once mixed completely, stir in gently your blueberries. Pop in the fridge overnight.


Now for Tuesday I decided to try a different flavor. Chia Mandarin oatmeal.


**I only really changed because we were out of blueberries and I happen to have the mandarin no sugar added fruit cups from dole already in the fridge :)


  • 2- 8 oz. plastic mason jars (they have them cheap at walmart)
  • 2/3 cup milk of your choice - I used unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup Chobani simply 100 blueberry greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup Traditional oats
  • 2 mandarin cups drained (no sugar added in 100% juice either dole or generic)
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
I left the peanut butter out this time as I didn't think it would work with the oranges, but without the peanut butter as a thickener; the chia seeds are a must (they expand to thicken the oatmeal)


In your jars start with 1/4 cup each of traditional oats. Add in 1/3 cup milk to each. Top with 1/4 cup yogurt and 1 tsp. each of the chia seeds.


Again....shake, shake, shake!!


Gently stir in the drained mandarin slices. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment