Thursday, January 21, 2016

Taco Soup Tuesday

So Tuesday can be taco Tuesday or change it up and try a taco soup when the weather is chilly. Now normally I would put this in the crockpot on low as I think the meat is a better texture that way but sometimes you just forget and need to throw it together at 5:30 after work.


This recipe is in honor of my bestie who turned me on to this dish.


1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch seasoning
1/2 onion diced (you can use onion powder if you prefer)
1 jar 15 oz. tomato sauce or crushed tomato
1 jar black beans rinsed
1 jar kidney beans rinsed
1 bag frozen corn (you can use canned I just had frozen already in the house)
optional (1 can of rotel) I don't like it so I leave it out but if you are doing a crockpot you will want to double the sauce or you can add some beef broth in place.


Brown up the meet with the onions or onion powder - this step is required whether you choose stovetop or crockpot.


Add in seasoning, sauce, beans, and corn all in to the pot or crockpot. Simmer on low for 20 minutes or in the crockpot on low for 2 hours.


I served this with sour cream and fat free shredded cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment